Heidelberg Foods Ltd. and its affiliates (collectively, “Heidelberg”, “we”, “us” or “our”) takes steps intended to meet privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information under applicable Canadian privacy legislation. The purpose of this Policy is to inform our customers and other individuals we deal with (“you” or “your”) how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information both on and off-line. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation. This Policy applies to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information in Canada. This Policy does not apply to information about our employees or to information that is not personal information.
Heidelberg and its agents and representatives collect personal information in a number of circumstances in the course of its business. Since the information you submit to us on line may not be encrypted, we cannot guarantee the absolute privacy of that information. Personal information we collect includes:
• contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number;
• information provided when you register or otherwise provide information on our web site;
• information provided when you complete questionnaires or surveys;
• information provided when you participate in a promotion or contest;
• information provided otherwise such as by telephone, by mail or through our web site;
• records of customer calls or product-related comments or inquiries;
• such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
• contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number;
Heidelberg generally uses personal information for the following purposes:
• receiving and replying to your requests, inquiries and comments;
• with your consent, sending you information about products and promotions offered by Heidelberg and / or contacting you to conduct telephone surveys and market research;
• with your consent, sending coupons from time to time;
• providing customer service;
• administering promotions and contests;
• creating a data base of individuals who have registered to receive information from us;
• understanding your preferences, needs and interests and, with your consent, offering you products and information that are likely to be of interest to you and personalizing your experience when visiting our web site such as by presenting you with information and offerings that we think will be of interest to you;
• improving our products;
• managing our business, including customer relations;
• ensuring the security of our business operations including our web site;
• managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing accounts;
• maintaining business records for reasonable periods and as required by law, and generally managing and administering our business, including defending and prosecuting legal claims;
• meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security, accounting and processing requirements;
• purposes disclosed at the time of collection of personal information; and
• otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
Heidelberg Foods collects personal information for the following commercial purposes:
i) to establish and maintain responsible commercial relations and to provide ongoing service, and communication;
ii) to understand customer needs, trends and preferences;
iii) to evaluate, develop, enhance, market or provide Heidelberg Foods' products and services;
iv) to manage and develop Heidelberg Foods' business and operations;
v) to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
vi) to protect Heidelberg Foods against error and fraud; and
vii) for any other purpose to which an individual consents.
Heidelberg may disclose personal information, including in the following circumstances to:
a. a person who in the reasonable judgement of Heidelberg Foods is seeking the information as an agent;
b. a company or individual retained by Heidelberg Foods to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing;
c. a company or individual retained by an individual, who represents that it expressly is entitled to receive such individual's personal information, or in the reasonable opinion of Heidelberg Foods implicitly is entitled to receive such individual's personal information;
d. a company or individual retained by Heidelberg Foods for the evaluation, development, enhancement, marketing or provision of any of Heidelberg Foods' products or services;
e. an agent utilised by Heidelberg Foods to evaluate the customer's creditworthiness or to collect the customer's account;
f. a credit reporting agency;
g. a public authority or agent of a public authority, if in the reasonable judgement of Heidelberg Foods, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information;
h. a third party or parties, where the customer consents to such disclosure or disclosure is required by law;
i. a financial institution on a confidential basis and solely in connection with the assignment of its right to receive payment, the provision of security or other financing arrangements; and
j. professional advisors, consultants, investigators and adjudicators in defending and prosecuting legal claims.
Heidelberg may disclose personal information to affiliates and business partners in order to permit them to send you occasional information about their products and services in accordance with your consent. In addition to the above, personal information may be disclosed to our affiliates (including outside of Canada) for internal audit, management, billing, administrative and other general business purposes.
Personal information may be used by Heidelberg and disclosed to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Heidelberg or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. These purposes may include, as examples:
• permitting those parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction
Heidelberg may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law (including as required by applicable Canadian and foreign laws applicable to Heidelberg or our agents and service providers, and including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries).
Heidelberg’s web site actively collects information from its visitors both by asking you specific questions and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail and/or feedback forms. Some of the information that you submit on the Web site may be personal information. Collection, use and disclosure of information actively collected from you have been described.
Heidelberg collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
If you have consented to receive promotional materials from Heidelberg Foods we may periodically use your email address to send you information related to Heidelberg Foods products and services. If you would like to stop receiving promotional materials from Heidelberg Foods or the affiliated brands you can opt-out of emailing lists by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of a promotional email or by contacting us through the form on the Contact page on this website. Contact Form
Children under the age of 13: Generally, we do not intend to collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without parental consent. We may, from time to time, offer a contest where the child under the age of 13 can enter in which case the personal information is used for purposes of administering the contest and determine a winner. If a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, without parental consent we ask that a parent or guardian of the child contact us to request that this personal information be deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child's personal information from our existing files. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the personal information they disclose to Web sites or otherwise.
We will use reasonable efforts to delete all contact and other personal information obtained from a teenager if a parent or guardian notifies us that they wish to withdraw consent for the collection of a teenager's personal information.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees, agents and mandataries of Heidelberg who require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Heidelberg may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at 1035 Reitzel Place, St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the above address, attention Privacy Officer. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, click here to email firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone us at 1-519-664-3512 or by mail to:
Heidelberg Foods Ltd.
1035 Reitzel Place
St. Jacobs, Ontario N0B 2N0