Machine Operator (Stuffer/Formulator) Raw Materials
We are currently looking for someone to work in our Raw Materials area on the day shift.
The position is full-time permanent working 40 to 44 hours per week. The hourly rate of pay is $20.35 to $24.75 depending upon experience plus competitive benefits package after a three month probationary period.
Shift start times may vary depending upon production schedules.
Production environment temperature is 4 degrees Celsius or lower. Need to dress appropriately. Freezer jackets are supplied.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting equipment prior to use on the shift and ensuring that all parts are inspected prior to being assembled. Any issues identified must be raised immediately to the department Supervisor.
- Ensure all set up is properly completed.
- Must be able to work effectively with department equipment.
- Must be able to efficiently and effectively execute change over between products
- Must be able to accurately record production data as this is critical to the role.
- Other related duties as assigned by the department Supervisor.
- Understand and adhere to all relevant and appropriate requirements of the Heidelberg Foods Ltd. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), HACPP, FSEP, Safety Policy and all relevant legislation.
- Responsible for the proper operation of all smokehouses, drying rooms and the quality of product that passes through
- Daily and weekly cleaning of smokehouses, smoke makers, drying rooms, and coolers
- Completion of quality control checks (Ph, aW, and heat) before releasing product to packaging
- Time and Priority Management
- Attention to detail
- Compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures and legislation
- Smokehouse knowledge preferable
- Effective team player / must be willing to cross-train
- Must be able to maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Experience in formulating and running a bowl chopper is an asset
- Experience with a Handtmann stuffer is an asset
Please submit your resume to email@example.com indicating your experience and interests.
For any job applicants selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.